Location: North Cummingsburg, Georgetown
Period/ Year Built: Mid-20th century
Historical Background / Description:
The Georgetown Club, located on Camp Street, Cummingsburg, Georgetown, was founded in 1858. The club was first housed on the lower flat of the Assembly Rooms which was destroyed by fire in 1945. During the British era, the club was the hub for white male aristocracy in the colony. After the great fire of 1945, the club was moved to its current location.