Location: Bartica, Essequibo
Period/ Year Built: 1957
Historical Background / Description:
The Bartica Bandstand is located on First Avenue, Bartica. It was declared opened on October 26, 1957, by Village Chairman Mr. J.E. Humphrey and Village Elder Mr. Edmond Chase. The structure was built by community contractor Mr. Da Costa Gilkes. A small service was held to bless the structure by Reverend Dorman of St. John, the Baptiste, Anglican Church; and the Police Band entertained the crowd during the opening ceremony. In 2016, it was rehabilitated by Unicomer
(Courts) Guyana Limited.