Location: Stabroek, Georgetown
Period/ Year Built: 1891
Historical Background / Description:
The Georgetown Magistrates’ Court is located on Avenue of the Republic, Georgetown. It was officially opened on September 1, 1891 and is believed to be the work of architect, Mr. Cesar Castellani. The court was built to serve as an extension to accommodate the legal proceedings of the Victoria Law Court. Noteworthy architectural features of the neo-classical building include its ornate wrought iron rails, bifurcated stairs, arched windows, finial and quoins.